Payroll Service

Whether you're brand new to air duct cleaning, an experienced contractor, or just someone who has a good idea, your opinions and experiences are valuable to others. Your voice matters.

Together, we can build discussion networks leading to more strategic and effective partnerships in the industry of air duct cleaning.

Payroll Service

Postby Deano » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:10 pm

I am looking for feedback on payroll service. I have used ADP for years but they are expensive. I am looking into Patriot Software, Paychex, Intuit, gusto.

Has anyone used any of these or other service that you like.

I just want to give them the hours and have them do everything else.

Thanks for any opinions.
Deano

Re: Payroll Service

Postby boatmoney » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:16 pm

I use intuit payroll service because I use quickbooks online for my accounting.
The upside of switching to intuit.
1. If you use quickbooks it feeds right into the program so you don't have to enter information.
2.It allows you to have several rates for one employee if you do prevailing wage jobs.
3.The online customer service is pretty good and quickbooks is the standard in small business.
4.Youtube has videos to help if you need them

The downside

1. Do your homework before you quit ADP. They dig their tentacles in deep. Make sure you have access to past 940/941 forms and history.
2. Are you under contract.
3. If you have a 401k program with ADP you might have to leave it there until you can afford to fire them as the administrator. There is a monetary out clause.

Other
1. If you are not printing your checks then consider doing so.
2. Can you have someone do payroll and have them meet other needs.
3. Will leaving ADP cause increase your admin work.
boatmoney

Return to General Discussion